Friday, July 29, 2011

Moving Update

So for everyone out there dying to hear an update on my new apartment here it is:

Erica and I are still subleasing in the Financial District with our friend Heather and she is moving to the Upper East as well (heck yes). Since we currently live in a building with an elevator she is only allowed to move out on the weekdays, therefore she is moving out TODAY.

This means that she is moving ALL of her furniture to her new apartment this afternoon. So since Erica and I can't move in today, we are sleeping on a blowup mattress on the floor for the next two nights. Let me tell you how excited I am about that...

After three wrong phone numbers to the current tenants to my new apartment, a broker who doesn't do anything and a landlord who talks so fast I can't ever understand what he is telling me, I got a hold of someone so they could tell me when we could move in.

We are not only being able to move in on Sunday (good thing because otherwise we would be homeless Sunday night), but we will also be able to do it first thing in the morning so we can set up our new place all day! Also after talking with the current tenant, she is willing to sell us their A/C unit for only $40 and their microwave and shelf for $30. We are SO excited!

So bright and early at 8:00am on July 31st we will finally be able to move to our new apartment. We are so excited to finally be able to unpack and have a home it's ridiculous. Oh and don't worry once we move in, I will be posting lots of pictures once everything's set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment