Thursday, July 14, 2011

Extra! Extra!

Today has been a relaxing, but eventful. Erica and I hung out around the apartment the first half of the day so I could prepare for my interview. We went down to Columbus Circle so I could print off my resume and practice beforehand. The weather was in the 80s and beautiful so we decided to walk around to waste time.


As we were walking around we noticed a group of people standing around this guy and a camera crew with him. I was trying to figure out who he was because I didn't recognize him. I asked a lady and she said they were doing a segment for the tv show Extra!


Next thing I knew they told us to get in the background of the street interview. Erica and I stood there while they filmed and then decided to go. As we were leaving they asked us to come back. I told them I had an interview, but somehow they talked us into it and began interviewing us. 


They were asking us which actor we thought would do the best out of three tv show replacements. Of course Erica and I had no clue so we just kinda made some stuff up. We would ask them and they would kinda suggest stuff and take three different shots. They said it would be on TONIGHT at 7:00 pm (NY time) so go and see if we made the cut! Don't judge us by our answers though haha. After that we left so I wasn't late to my interview.



Before my interview I asked a guy sitting next to me at Starbucks for some tips and he told me to keep it simple and to the point. I feel that it really helped me. I feel that my interview went well, but we'll see. If this one doesn't work out, hopefully I will have another interview soon. On my subway ride home I was hit on by some random guy named Angel. Real promising I know, but at least I know that I looked good in my new suit. 

I was told that it's New York restaurant week so right now I'm looking up all the places that we could go eat at www.nycgo.com. I'm also comparing with www.tvroadmaps.com (a website that shows places that have been featured on the Food Network). Hopefully I will get to eat at all those places one day. 

Oh and one of the girls interviewing me today wrote down some names of some great food trucks in the city that I plan on checking out. I'll keep you updated on which ones are worth it and which ones you should skip.

1 comment: