Friday, July 15, 2011

Nutella Saved the Day

First I would like to say thank you to everyone that has tried to help us find an apartment. Many of our friends have reached out and put us in contact with someone after seeing my blog or Facebook status. We really do appreciate it.

With that being said, if anyone else knows of anyone who can show us an apartment (preferably without a brokers fee), I would love to hear from you. We can take all the help we can get!

While walking around in the Upper East being disappointed by another apartment that can't fit our bedrooms, I did stumble across an adorable bakery. When I saw the Little Brown: Chocolate, Bakery & Coffee (www.ourlittlebrown.com) at 1269 Lexington Avenue,  I knew our day was going to improve.



As I walked inside I was instantly overwhelmed by the amazing aroma of the bakery. I was ready to try everything right then and there. It took me about five minutes to decide what I wanted because everything looked so good. Then I saw the Nutella Rice Krispie Treat ($3.50). I am a huge Nutella fan and had to have it.

I forgot to take a picture of it before I ate it. 

The bar was a good size for the price. It wasn't bad, but I don't know if I would order it again. It was very dense and I enjoy my rice krispies to be lighter and airier when I eat them. The Nutella was present, but not overwhelming which was nice. 


Next time I go I will try the Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie. They said that it was their number one seller. When I saw it come out of the oven after I ordered my treat, I could see why. The cookie was warm and fresh. It looked huge and absolutely delicious. 

I made a reservation for New York restaurant week earlier today. Erica and I decided that since this is going to be one of the only times we can afford some of these places we better go top dollar. I made a reservation at the steakhouse Smith & Wollenksy on the iPhone app Open Table. Unfortunately our reservation isn't until 9:30, but we are in the city that never sleeps so we figure it's ok. I'll let you know how it turns out later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment