Monday, July 11, 2011

First Day in the Big Apple

Today has been a very long day. It started at 5:00am and I have been on the go ever since.

I had my favorite breakfast taco for the last timeat Nena's this morning. My dad then drove me to Intercontinental and dropped me off. After he left is when everything kinda hit me. It was the first time I felt semi emotional about leaving. I might have teared up for all of 5 seconds and then I realized I was moving to New York and got over it haha.

I landed in New York around 4:30 and got in my first cab. The entire ride I was in awe of all the different aspects of the city. Upon landing it started to hit me that I was really there. After living in the City of Enchantment my whole life and now moving to the largest city in the US, I realized what a drastic change this was really going to be. While on my way to the apartment, I began to wonder if one day I would take the same drive from the airport to my apartment and no longer be amazed by the city. I hope that doesn't become the case anytime soon.

After arriving, Erica took me to eat at a pizzeria on Stone Street in the Financial District. The weather was nice so we sat outside. We then took the train to Astoria to meet up with our third roommate, Erin, to start our apartment hunt. We found an amazing apartment with a huge living room and kitchen and were so excited. They even had a dish washer (which is a big deal here)! As soon as we opened the door to the bedrooms though, our hopes were crushed. The bedroom was barely big enough to fit my double sized bed. How anyone could possibly live in that is a mystery to us. Sadly we left Astoria today with no possible apartments, but we will continue to look this week.

Erica and I are finally home and relaxing. We have a busy day tomorrow and I'm exhausted so I'm about to crash. I can't wait to see what else the week has in store.

1 comment:

  1. We have a BIG week ahead of us!!! Especially you :) I'm so excited you're here!!

    I'll be joining you in bed soon! Get ready to snuggie

    ReplyDelete