Sunday, August 14, 2011

Movie In the Park

This past week I was exhausted from the previous weekend. I was in the mood to be lazy and simply relax at my apartment. This changed when Alexa told me the Brooklyn Bridge Park shows free movies in the summer and this past Thursday happened to be Breakfast at Tiffany's.


After coordinating our three schedules, Erica, Alexa and I headed to Brooklyn for the first time. The itinerary online said the music began at 6:00pm and the movie at dusk. We arrived around 8:00pm and were not prepared for how many people were already there. While I felt a little silly carrying a bright gold Baylor blanket on the subway, once we arrived I was happy I had it.


People were literally everywhere. Determined we weren't going to stand through the whole movie, we walked down to the bottom and began to make our way through the picnic blankets and groups of people. After realizing we were never going to find a "good" spot, the three of us to squeeze together on the half-way unfolded blanket.


While I would not say it was the most comfortable movie watching setting, it was fun. The view of the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge was absolutely beautiful. Even though I have seen the movie dozens of times, it was still amazing. Living in New York made me appreciate it even more.



We left 20-30 minutes before the movie was over. Since we were towards the front of the screen, we wanted to miss the mass exit and the rush to the subway station. The entire experience was fun and I'm glad we went. It can't get much better than three girls squeezed together on a blanket watching Audrey Hepburn in the park (unless we had a glass of wine to sip on). Next time we will make sure to arrive sooner and take a picnic basket full of goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment