Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Long Week Ahead

Ever since I moved I have been the farthest thing from healthy that's possible. I have been eating any and every kind of sweet known to man on a daily basis, I have been eating all other sorts of unhealthy food and I haven't worked out once. I have been trying to ignore this because I wasn't really ready to give up chocolate yet. Well after being sick of waking up and feeling disgusting, it finally changed. Sunday I started a Total Body Rapid Cleanse.

There are a couple dozen different types of cleanses ranging from liver to smoking cleanses and they can last from one week to a whole month. After reading up on them, I found out they not only help get rid of toxins, but also help with dry/oily skin, fatigue, low energy, weight gain, headaches/migraines, brain fog, allergies and more I won't go into here.

 I decided it would be a good idea and help give me a fresh healthy start for Fall. I went to the health food store across the street from my apartment to look at the different types they had and to finally purchase one (I had been putting this off for like two weeks). The cleanse lasts for seven days and eliminates every impurity/toxin from my body. I figure having never done one, there is plenty of stuff I could get rid of that has built up over the past 22 years.

I take two pills in the morning and at night, along with a fiber powder mixed in water. This part really isn't so bad, except for having to drink water nonstop throughout the day. (In case you didn't know, I'm not a huge fan of water and only really started drinking it semi-consistently within the past year or so.) What's the not so fun part is the diet. There is a great deal of food I'm not supposed to eat and very few things I can eat. I can eat eggs, fruits, vegetables, fish, almonds, organic chicken and pasta made with buckwheat. So that means no sweets, no milk (I'm dying), no cheese, no starches, no carbs, no caffeine (it's already killing me at work), no alcohol and a whole bunch of other delicious stuff is off limits too. While the diet isn't required, following it will help ensure the cleanse works properly and I get my money's worth.

I'm halfway through the cleanse and I'm slightly dying. Not having coffee in the morning is probably the toughest part. I pretty much live off my skinny caramel latte from Starbucks. (Unfortunately I used up my last gift card. I have gone through $75 in about four weeks if that tells you anything.) Every day at work it takes all I have to be able to focus on even the tiniest tasks. The cleanse says it's supposed to give you a metabolic jump start and energy, but I'm not seeing it yet. I'm exhausted constantly and just want to crawl in bed and sleep all the time.

Also, every time I drink a glass of water at home, I crave a tall glass of milk. I pass by bakeries and it takes everything I have not to go buy a Black & White cookie. Yes I know I sound semi-pathetic, but I think it's just because I know I'm not supposed to have any of it that is making me crave it even more.

Tonight is Alexa's birthday celebration, so I'm going to cheat a little bit and have a drink or two. I already cheated this morning, too, and stopped at Starbucks for a tall coffee. I decided it was either that or I was going to make up an excuse to leave work early to take a nap before tonight. Plus to make myself feel better, I said it was in honor of Alexa's birthday.

I hope it will get better and if not, at least I tried. I'll let you know at the end of day seven how I feel and if you should go purchase one for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment