Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fact: Hot Guys Don't Take the Subway

For girls Disney movies made us grow up thinking one day we would meet Prince Charming and he would sweep us off our feet. As we grew up, we realized most guys were not like that and it wasn't going to change anytime soon. While living in New York, I have also witnessed another false idea of reality being told to women today. I've learned, much to my dismay, attractive men do NOT use the subway system.

Television is continuously trying to make you think otherwise, but I'm sorry it's just not true. They always portray a man and woman meeting on the subway, little girls blushing over a crush they see down the cart, or changing a ticket to sit next to someone you will end up marrying. They make it seem so real and natural. You start to believe maybe you too could one day meet someone on your way home from work.

Up until these past few days, I have taken the take the subway multiple times a day. The entire time I have lived here (and yes I realize it's only been 3 weeks), I have only seen maybe a total of five attractive men using the metro stations. The worst part is two were married, one looked like he had a girlfriend and I'm pretty sure the other two were still in school.

I have definitely have had guys talk to me on the subway. I have talked with cute elderly men, creepy old guys, polite married couples, gangster guys, dorky guys, guys who are wayyyy to young for me, guys who are wayyy to old and some of whom you would have to see for yourself to understand. Let's just say I would never be interested in any of them.

I just find it odd out of so many people living here, only occasionally do I see attractive ones. Now I'm not saying New York City is void of attractive men because I have met some, but you would just think they would be more abundant. I'm thinking I must be using the wrong form of transportation (maybe only hot guys take cabs), or I'm going to the wrong restaurants/bars (maybe hot guys can afford more than me), or maybe they are just very rare here. I'm not sure, but whatever it is I would like to find out.

Don't get me wrong I'm not looking to meet my soul mate or anything during a subway ride. I'm not even looking for a boyfriend anytime soon, but when I do change my mind I would like to know where to go to find him.

1 comment: