Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life in General

So besides moving into my new apartment, nothing too exciting is going on in my life these days to blog about (especially when I can't upload pictures). So I guess I'll just blog about a little of everything going on in general.

It's exciting to see our apartment starting to really come together! Most of the boxes are unpacked and everything is put away. Last night we went to a store around the corner from us and bought a huge mirror to put in our bedroom and some shelving for our bathroom. After Tyler installed everything, it felt so much better.

I am the type of person who likes to live in an area to see how I will want things before I start hanging up hooks, shelves, etc and Erica is the exact opposite. She is ready to have everything set up asap. While I do agree with her, at the same time I just don't know where I want to put half the stuff yet. It's interesting to see our different personalities and it's nice finally being roommates and having to deal with these differences.

I am dying to cook now that we finally have our own kitchen, but we literally have maybe 1 foot of counter space. We are in desperate need of storage everywhere, so Tyler is looking at installing more shelving and a counter top in the kitchen. Hopefully it will happen soonish so Erica and can start making our weekly dinners together. We decided we are going to cook for anyone who asks and hopefully meet more people haha.

The more we unpack, the more we realize how much we still need for the apartment. Even common items like windex, detergent, bathroom soap, etc. Normally having to buy these things randomly is no big deal, but buying it all at once costs a lot more. I definitely have to watch my budget more and eat out less. After we get the necessities though, it will get better.

My best friend Christy is coming to visit tomorrow and I can't wait! We have known each other since we were three. We get along so well it's ridiculous. Since her college was about an eight hour drive from mine and her parents moved to Thailand, we haven't been able to see each other very often these past couple of years. The last time I saw her was when I was living in Nashville last summer and she came to visit for a week. It will be good to see her and catch up.

My friend Alan is also coming to visit on Friday. I met him when I was in Nashville last summer, so I haven't seen him in a year either. It's kinda like a reunion weekend since him and Christy know each other too. He's only staying one night because he's going to visit some friends in Jersey, but I'm still really excited. Whenever we are together we always have a good time, so I can't wait for the weekend!

Work is going really well. I went and saw the Alexander McQueen exhibit on Monday. While it was really cool, I don't understand why people are waiting in line for three hours to see it. It has been so crazy with all the people here. I love walking through all the different rooms when I have to run errands though. All the rooms are so interesting and have beautiful items/paintings. My boss encourages me to explore whenever I have down time.

I have been receiving a few things in the mail from friends back home and let me tell y'all THANK YOU!! It has been making my week so much better. Once I can upload pictures, I will post more about my surprises.

I'm going to happy hour with Erica, Tyler and my friend Everett tonight. We are trying to find some place with good margaritas, but I don't know how successful we will be. Hopefully we will have internet tomorrow and I can start sharing more with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I cant believe I was mentioned in this blog. My time in NYC is now complete.

    ReplyDelete