Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Being Healthy

Starting this past week, Erica and I have committed to being healthier. I even went out and bought a new pair of running shoes (I must admit it was slightly painful buying tennis shoes over a new pair of boots) and went to the grocery store for healthy snacks/food. We decided doing it together would make it easier to stick to and we could hold each other accountable.

Starting on Sunday we woke up around 7:30am and went for a run in Central Park. When we got home, Erica made my breakfast and packed my lunch for me while I got ready for work. Erica and I decided to start getting up at 5:45am during the week to do an abs workout and go for a run. If you know me, this is a big deal because I hate running. I find it painful and as soon as I start, all I can think about is how much longer until I'm done. Also, waking up when it's still dark outside doesn't make it any easier. Hopefully the more I do it, the easier it will get. Or at least that's what people tell me.

Erica and I found this book with lots of healthy recipes and a menu planned out, so we are following it too. We are cooking all of our meals. The book is pushing us out of our comfort zone with some foods, but I think it's a good thing. It's funny how whatever one of us loves, the other one seems to hate it just as much. The book offers a great variety, so I don't think we will get sick of it anytime soon. The only downfall is no alcohol for a month. I don't really go out much anymore since I work seven days a week, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm normally tired pretty early, but now I really feel like an old person. I try to be asleep before 10:00pm now. (Sad I know.) So far (and it's only been three days) I'm happy I'm doing it though. I feel healthier, I have more energy throughout the day, and it helps me get an early start on the day. I think it's going to be the hardest on the weekends when I work both jobs and I'm on my feet all day. Once I get used to the schedule I should be ok. Plus, Erica making me get out of bed helps too.

(Grant- Before you text me and complain, I'm sorry this post isn't more entertaining/interesting. I'm too tired from work to go do anything exciting lately. I'll try and work on it this weekend though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment