Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life with Two Jobs

I have been so crazy busy lately that I haven't had time to sit down and update my blog, or when I do have time, I'm too exhausted and just want to go to sleep. If you know me though, you know I would rather be running around like a chicken with my head cut off than be bored. I HATE being bored. So in a way it's perfect for me to work two jobs.

I have been working in the Special Events department at the museum and I LOVE IT. All the girls in my office are so sweet and amazing. It's so interesting to see all the different things that go into planning an event here. It's also crazy to see how many different internal and external events take place. There is always something going on here and it makes it that much more interesting.

I have had the opportunity to see the set up for several different internal events so far. It's awesome to see the different spaces transformed for a reception or dinner. I haven't been able to attend any events because I always have to leave for work, but hopefully soon we'll have one on a day I can go.

Working at Tory Burch has also been amazing. I can't explain why, but working there just makes me happy. Since it is my choice to work there and not an obligation, I enjoy my job even that much more. While standing on my feet all day and constantly running up and down two flights of stairs isn't ideal, the energy and attitude of everyone around me makes it worth it. Some days it is so exhausting and I feel like I am going to collapse to the ground, but somehow I make it through. Coffee has been one of my biggest support systems when I reach that point.

I have met lots of interesting people and I love everyone who works there. They are so friendly and fun to be around. I feel comfortable around them and they don't make me feel stupid when I make a mistake or ask question after question.

The only downfall working there is that I have already mentally spent my entire paycheck on items I want to purchase with my discount. I found two purses, an across the body small bag for going out, a pair of sunglasses, a dozen pairs of shoes, tops, scarfs, several pieces of jewelry and much more. This doesn't even include the new merchandise we are constantly receiving. Obviously I can't buy all of it, so I am already strategically planning what I am going to buy and when.

The only thing that kinda sucks is that I work every weekend. This means I am no longer able to get brunch with Alexa, I will miss any Baylor games televised during the afternoon, and I can't always go out with my friends. Even when I do get off around 8:30, I am so tired all I want to do is go to bed. I try and force myself to go out with my friends because I don't want to be "that person" who stops hanging out. I feel like when I go though I'm not much fun to be around. My brain is so empty I literally have nothing to talk about or can barely pay attention to people talking to me.

For now life is good though. I know in time I will get used to my schedule and it won't be as bad. It will become normal for me to work all the time and still go out and be fun. Hopefully it happens sooner than later for my friends' sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment