Friday, October 21, 2011

Good Times with Old Friends

This past weekend I hung out with some of my friends from Baylor. They were in town for four days on their Accounting Graduate trip. I was so excited to see them - I could barely contain my excitement. They arrived late Saturday night and met up with me and some of my other friends at a bar out in the East Village. I was so excited to be able to see them, but I was even more excited to hang out with them in New York.
I have always been the type of girl who gets along better/prefers to hang out with guys. (Blame it on me growing up with two brothers and always hanging out with their friends.) It's not near as easy to make guy friends in New York, though. Actually it's almost impossible. The kind of guy you meet out at a bar ins't the kind of guy who is interested in just being friends, and I work with all girls and they have boyfriends. So needless to say, I am constantly hanging out with girls.

Hanging out with the boys here was like a breath of fresh air. We always have so much fun together and it's always completely stress free, which is my favorite part. I can act as stupid as I want, vent, rant, get crazy and they are always there for me. They have seen me on some of my craziest nights and, for some reason, still hang out with me. We have had some amazing times together at Baylor together, gone on awesome trips, and occasionally take care of each other after a night of craziness.

Not only did I get to hang out with some of my guy friends, I also got to see two of my favorite girl friends! I was able to see my very first friend at Baylor, Kathryn. I love her to the moon and back and know no matter what, I know we will be friends forever. I also saw my friend Alex and hopefully convinced her to move to New York after she graduates! We are so much alike in many ways it's kinda crazy, but it works. Having her here with me would be absolutely amazing.

I have to admit though, I was nervous about showing them a good time. I felt like I should know the city like the back of my hand and be able to show them the best time of their life. The reality is my social/party life has been semi-lame lately.

Recently I have only been going out about one night a week. My tolerance is so low and I get tired easily since I go to bed ridiculously early now. I still don't know the city that well and there are millions of awesome bars I don't know about. There are also bars I know are amazing, but the drinks are so expensive we don't ever go there.

When it comes down to it though, I know they didn't really care all that much. The guys are so chill I knew they will have fun wherever they went, and the girls were happy as long as we got to hang out. This is what makes me love and miss them all so much. It's not often you find such amazing friends. I can't wait to be reunited with them and everyone else in a few week at Homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment