Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book Signing

Some of the perks of working two jobs are finally paying off. This past Wednesday the Tory Burch Madison Avenue store hosted a VIP Book Signing with Lucy Liu for her new art book, Seventy-Two!

When I arrived at 5:30pm there were already people everywhere preparing for the event. I walked downstairs to the basement to change and I was surrounded by some of the most attractive men I have ever seen. Come to find out the catering service we use hires male models as their servers. That night I saw more attractive men , than I have the entire time I have been living in the city. It was like heaven and surprisingly they were all very nice too.

All of Lucy and Tory's closest friends were invited. Everyone there was an important person in some way or another. One person everyone was excited to see at the party was Patricia Fields, the stylist from Sex and the City. I was more amazed by Lucy Liu. She was just as pretty in person as she is in the movies. She was so nice and friendly to everyone. I loved being able to stand by her and Tory as they were taking pictures together.

 It was fun to see the store transformed into a cocktail party with hot, rich people walking around everywhere. I loved being able to stand back and just watch people and see how they all interacted. Even though I would have much rather been a guest at the party, I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what other types of events we will have over the holidays! 

Here's a link if you want more information about the book or to see some pictures from the event: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/10/13/lucy-liu-book-launch-tory-burch/

No comments:

Post a Comment