Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Year With Eleanor

Ever since I graduated, I have been reading more than I did while I was in school. I have come across some amazing books lately that I want to share with you. Every couple of weeks I'm going to share some of my favorite books I have recently read. I just finished reading My Year With Eleanor by Noelle Hancock. I began reading this book after my friend Alexa gave it to me and it is AMAZING.

It is about a woman who lives in New York and was laid off from her job as a celebrity blogger. After writing about other people's lives for so long, she realizes she has forgotten how to live her own life. Over the years she had allowed fear to control her life. It got so bad to where she was afraid to go to dinner parties with her boyfriend anymore. One day on the chalkboard in her local coffee shop she saw the quote "Do one thing every day that scares you." by Eleanor Roosevelt. This simple statement resonated with Noelle and she decided to dedicate the next year of her life to conquering her fears. 

While reading her book, I not only related to her, but I also began to think about all the things in life that scare me. Reading her book was very inspirational and has been encouraging me to force myself out of my comfort zone and do things I normally wouldn't do. (A blog about some of these things will be coming shortly.)

I highly recommend everyone read this book even if you don't have a problem with fear. It is relatable, hilarious, comforting, encouraging and purely entertaining. You won't want to put it down, I promise.

Today my salad was comprised of broccoli rabe, quinoa, cranberries, tomatoes, grilled chicken and raspberry dressing. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment