Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was extremely fun and relaxing. I'll give you a quick recap of everything that happened.

Friday was my last day to work at The MET. It was bittersweet. I was excited to be able to have some time off to be able to run errands and relax, but I was also sad to be leaving. At 3:00 pm my boss, co-workers and I went to the rooftop bar and had a few drinks since it was my last day. The weather was perfect and it was a nice way to start the weekend. After we had been up there for about 30 minutes, my boss' husband showed up with cupcakes from Sprinkles for me. I was so excited! He chose six different flavors and we all sampled each one. It was sad telling everyone bye, but I have an informational interview with the head of HR this next week, so I'm going to grab lunch with them to catch up.

After work I met up with some friends to watch the Baylor/TCU game. Through some alums in New York I found out there was a designated bar to watch the game at, so we all went there. There were about 30 alums and it was so much fun! We all drank, ate, cheered, did Sic' Ems in the middle of the bar (which is something I'm never ok with, but when there are TCU fans cheering against you, I decided it was ok), and screamed like crazy when we finally won. It was the most exciting thing ever. While I would have killed to be in Waco at the game, I was glad we were there with other Bears. After the game, I went out some of the people I met there and had lots of fun.

Saturday Erica and I walked around our neighborhood and looked for a kitchen table. The weather went from being very nice, to hot and gross within a few hours. As soon as it changed for the worse, we headed back to the apartment to chill until her friends came in town. We all went out later in the evening and met up with some other people they know if the city. The day overall wasn't too eventful, but we met some new people which is always fun.

Sunday I was even lazier and didn't leave the apartment until around 9:00 pm. (Yes, I know that's extremely pathetic.) I went and met up some of the people I met at the game on Friday night. We went to the Frying Pan on the Hudson. It is an old war ship turned into a bar and dance area. The weather was perfect for sitting outside, so we hung out there for a while and then wandered around the area looking for new places to go.

Monday started off as a hot and humid day, but the weather changed for the better later in the afternoon. I met up with some friends for a picnic in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. They all had blankets, sandwiches and snacks. You can't drink in the park so I stopped at Starbucks for a cup of water to pour my wine in. We all hung out there for about four hours. Afterwards, some of us went out to dinner to meet up with some more friends.

Overall the weekend was amazing. Baylor beat TCU, I made new friends, found fun new bars, was able to relax and catch up on sleep. I thought I would have this whole week to relax, but I already have another temp job today and tomorrow. It's from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm which will be exhausting, but I'm just thankful to have something!

No comments:

Post a Comment