Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. I never get into dressing up, but that could be because I'm never creative enough to come up with a good costume. Halloween also happens to be my best friend's birthday. Ever since the third grade, Halloween has been more about celebrating Shelby's birthday than the actual holiday. Unfortunately though, the rest of America loves getting dressed up and celebrating Halloween. Being in New York I almost felt obligated to go out and celebrate with all the other crazies here.

I went back and forth all day at work on whether I was going to go out or not. This was not because of my usual lack of enthusiasm for Halloween, but rather because it was SNOWING. Yeah freaking crazy I know. All I could think about was how cold I would be in my costume and what shoes I would wear. I mean I had already almost busted it several times in my rain boots, I couldn't even imagine what I would do a few drinks later in high heels. After much deliberating, I decided to suck it up and just go.
With my work schedule, I didn't have time to prepare/think about my costume. It was literally a last minute thing. This is how my outfit came together: Friday- I borrowed a flapper dress from a girl I work with at the museum. Saturday morning- a girl from Tory brought me two long strands of pearls. As soon as I got off work, I went to Ricky's and bought a feather headband and a cigarette holder. I went straight home, put on my costume (praying it would fit), and left to go over to my friend's house to get ready and pre-game. I got there, borrowed a pair of fish nets and a pair of heels from her roommate. Finally after putting it all together and having the girls help me with my headband and lips, I was ready.
While it wasn't the best costume out of everyone there, I must admit I was rather impressed at how it all came together at the end. My friends and I all hung out, took pictures and celebrated until we left to go to the MTV party near Penn Station. It was fun and we all had a great time. Unfortunately I had to wake up and go to work the next morning, but oh well that won't be the case much longer.  
I didn't go out on actual Halloween day because I after work I was too exhausted. I heard the parade down in Greenwich was awesome and my friends said they have funny stories to tell me tonight at dinner. I'm glad I went out and spent time with my friends, but even New York still didn't convert me into being a huge Halloween fan. I'm already over it and look forward to going to Waco this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment